Tuesday, September 13, 2011

September

I hate to say it, but I think that summer is over. It's past Labor Day, the leaves are turning here in SE Wisconsin and school has begun. The calendar says that autumn doesn't begin for another 10 days, but I don't think that the upcoming equinox has much to say about the matter. Don't get me wrong, I love fall. I just wish the sun didn't set so early.

With that in mind, I love autumn. For many reasons, including the Weird Pumpkin season. Here are a few gourds I picked at the grocery store and farmer's market. I don't know all of the varieties because none of them were labeled, so comment if you can identify any of these!


Decorative gourd

Delicata, perhaps?

Hubbard squash

Sweet dumpling
Baby pumpkin

Kabocha squash, I think.


Taco in a basket, just because he's cute.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oddly enough it's starting to feel fallish in San Diego too. I feel that tell-tale cool breeze tonight :-)

Denise Schiller said...

I love fall, Kelly! Lucky you -- you get to enjoy it at the beach, too!